Nuffnang Ads

Monday, October 08, 2012

Lalaloopsy Dessert Buffet


I always have a thing for DIY birthday parties. I started making DIY's since Soleil celebrated her 1st birthday. I also think my love in reading mommy blogs influenced me to step up a little bit more.

I want to start a Dessert Buffet Styling business but I know there are lots of things I need to consider. I know there are many event planners out there that offers the same services but I'm thinking of ways to make mine different from the others. I only want to focus on the Dessert Buffet Styling not the whole party by the way plus I'm an OC, that's an advantage!

Since I'm planning this kind of business, why not start on my own child's party, right?

Soleil's theme this year is Lalaloopsy. I've been on and off working on the layouts. I only do it when I'm in the mood. (Pennants, Food Labels, Straw Flags, Cupcake Toppers, Favor Tags, Welcome Sign and Water Bottle Labels). I also personally made the backdrop and flower pompoms.

I wanted to achieve the stripe theme so I had a yellow/white/blue backdrop made from crepe paper and the pink color goes to the flower pompoms. I like to add more but I run out of time.
Buttons are a big part of Lalaloopsy and I almost jump out of joy when I saw this photo frame with buttons on it. Can you guess how much it cost? 55pesos! Super cheap! - The brownies are made by my sister in law, it tastes so good!
Here's the other side of the dessert buffet
I preferred to order a cake with boiled icing since it was our favorite. It may not look as nice as fondant cakes but it taste so much better. 
Ate and Tita Bebe helped me bake these Lollicakes with the recipe I found on YouTube.
I bought ready made cupcakes from the grocery. 55php for a pack of 10s. I also bought Whipping Powder from Baker's Hub, add food colors to match the theme and voila! Instant cutie cupcakes. We had a hard time putting it on the cupcakes though. We are no pro.
Marshmallows dipped in Chocolate
Also bought from the grocery store
This is Soleil's favorite so it's a must to have this on the table
I bought these spiral glasses for 7php each. Exclusive for kids' use
I made these bags from tracing paper then I added ribbons and small buttons on the tags to make it a lot cuter
Here's happy bday girl Soleil!
-- Having a party? Why not sweeten your next event with a Dessert Buffet styled by me? -- Naks!!! Seriously, I'm willing to help you on your upcoming events. I'm still on the trial period so don't worry, I'm not gonna charge you much. Email me for a quote at iweedecastro@yahoo.com

Photobucket

2 comments: